Thanks for commenting.
As soon as I read the words "Notes from Australia" I was like who in the hell left this comment?
I thought that it might be someone from the No Agenda chat, but then I started going though the folks I talk to there and the three or four that I thought might be interested in my blog weren't from Australia. Sure, there are some Aussies on the chat, but not the folks I thought would be commenting on my blog.
I read and re-read that line over and over trying to figure out who in the hell left the comment. You understand, I had just woken up and dreamed that I had almost gotten hit by a train. I didn't think to trace the IP. The clue that finally helped me figure out who you were is that you referenced Texas and the flight.
So this begs the question: what is your plan again? I thought that you and Texas were staying State-side for the most part other than a cruise or two that someone had bought for you (or was that my friend that got married last year?) Aren't you two going to stay at the school where you're at and get your Ph.Ds?
Yes, I have many plans, but I have many worries too. I'm not sure that the world as we know it will be here much longer, especially not when I read stories like this
. I see total economic collapse and an enemy of this country in the White House when it happens, meaning the country is screwed.
Don't worry about the flight. I'll figure something out. My first option is to pay cash of course. I may be able to do that when the student loans kick in, which I expect will happen sometime in September. I would like to buy my ticket before the close of August though.
The other unknown unknown (as Rumsfield was wont to call it) is the other big news that I'm still waiting to hear back on. (Please don't mention it by name here; this is a public post.) Should that
deal go through, I'll have cash freeing up like you wouldn't believe simply because of a mandatory option that I have to cash out on my departure. (Confused? email me) That option, of course, is superfluous to the additional cash flow that would come of the deal, so the sooner I get positive news, the better. But we're at the hurry up and wait stage. More news on that in the next post.
Right now, my biggest concern is where to stay and if I can afford it. I'd like to pay for everything via cash, but it looks like unless the big deal goes down soon, I'll be lucky to pay for the plane ticket via cash which means I'll have a hefty credit-card bill for the rest. Oh vey!
To answer your question, no, I don't know where I'm staying.
I'm not giving up. In fact, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with a plan that I'm brewing. (Think Fight Club
) More details in the next post.
I looked on all the travel websites including the student one you gave me the address to. All flights are going to be at least $349 right now. Are you sure you didn't price one-way flights? Who knows, maybe it was a midnight deal. There wasn't any price difference between the student site and Travelocity. I normally use priceline.com, but their site wouldn't complete the search this morning. :(
I'll keep you posted (pardon the pun) in any and all developments.