Being lonely will lead you to do crazy things.
Recently, some old friends have popped up on various blogs and my heart skipped a beat because for a split second I thought "maybe I could get together with X". Bad idea. Out of all the girls I'm interested in, I think that only one cares. I know that there is someone out there that cares about me that I secretly think still has a bit of a crush on me but we've become good friends and that's how it's going to stay. I'm a fish and she's a bird; where would we two live?
So this week has been one hell of a week. One of my coworkers who's been at the company for over five years said that Wednesday was the heaviest call volume that he'd ever seen. It's been nothing but tension, tension, tension at work. Bleh! For whatever reason, Friday was a lite day but I've got this foreboding feeling that this week will be just as tense.
The part-time delivery job has been nuts. I think that the one that I used to call the "little bitch manager" may have taken a bit of a liking to me. Maybe we've just opened up a bit to each other. I have no intention to go down that road, but it'd be interesting to see how that would play out.
Someone got bitchy because they were driving slower then two turtles fucking in an area where not another car was on the road nor anyone out in their yards and decided to call back to the store and complain. Personally, I think that people that drive that slow in traffic don't do it because they are concerned for anyone's safety or wellbeing, I think they do it because it's just another way to control and they think they can get away with it under the pretense of being a law abiding citizen that cares about safety. Fucking whores!
To top it all off, I got a ticket last night. I won't go into the details because it won't make sense unless you know the patch of road, but the cop tried to say that I was guilty of reckless driving because I:
• failed to stop at a red light (I made a right hand turn but apparently rolled through the light)
• pulled out in front of someone (this did not occur)
• cut across three lanes of traffic (I turned into the right hand lane. I had 100 feet to cross the left hand lane into the left hand turning signal)
• turned without using a turn signal (which is optional, not mandatory)
• speeding on the road I turned on (occurred, but I was on the road alone)
I wound up with a ticket for turning without signaling but have a feeling he won't turn it in. It never fails. It seems like I always get a ticket in the early fall.
Of course, the most fucked up thing about all of this is the fact that Alabama just put 200 more Troopers on the road to "Take back Alabama roads" with a zero tolerance policy. Horseshit! They put 200 more cops on the road to harass otherwise law abiding citizens that are trying to get around to make a living. Someone should sue the State in a class action lawsuit. What this is really about is getting a pay raise since we here in Alabama will not vote for a tax increase and the bureaucrats won't cut the fat. When I become President I propose to urge Congress to do the following:
• eliminate speed related traffic laws on the basis that they are un-Constitutional because they impose on personal freedom, are only used to make money for the local municipalities, and (to a point) the faster a vehicle travels, the easier it is to maneuver. In fact, the driver's manual specifically says that you should speed up when going around a curve because you will have better control of the vehicle should you have to perform evasive actions.
• eliminate abortion clinics that are unsafe for women and have questionable record keeping practices by mandating that such operations can only be performed at a hospital by a certified OBYGN.
• term limits for Congress.
• have Senators be elected by the House of Representatives and have the House elected every four years such that their election would fall in the middle of the President's term.
• make the process to impeach and ultimately remove from office elected representatives that citizens grievances with much less cumbersome.
• eliminate Social Security.
• make all retirement plans tax free both when putting the money in and when taking it out.
• eliminate any so-called "sin tax" as they un-Constitutionally and unfairly punish entrepreneurs based on their trade as well as the consumer of those goods and services.
• implement the fair tax.
I'll stop here for the night. Next entry will be The Plans, Hopes and Dreams of a Upcoming Filmmaker.